Blogs from Jess

Sunday, July 27, 2008

yesssssss(in the words of Napoleon)

Today was just fabulous. I was introducing myself this morning to a new student and began to attempt my best at casual conversation. So after I was done asking 101 questions she asks me a question. A question that would make my day maybe even my week (yes its that good.)
scenario-
Jess: so what grade are you going to be going into?
Student: 7th, how about you what grade are you going into?
Jess: sudden overflow of joy( i feel old and run down sometimes based on what i see in the mirror, maybe my view is thwarted)


i didn't really know how to respond at first, i wanted to give a sarcastic answer that i would have thought would be funny. Then I thought to myself 1st , shes new, period. 2nd I don't think she would have appreciated the humor.

Anyways glad to share this one with you guys.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger scott said…

    that is so funny! i dont think that i will have that problem when i start working with the youth again.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    I love it!!!! I also appreciate the discernment in your response. God blessed you through the eyes of a student and I too see his youthful joy in your presence.
    Love, Mom Juju

     

Post a Comment

<< Home